skip to main content


Transcripts Dual Enrollment/
Move On When Ready
Academic Opportunity
AP Information
College Visits
Eligibility Center
Financial Aid/





Dual Enrollment/
MOWR Program


The Move On When Ready (MOWR) program is for students at eligible high schools that wish to take college-level coursework for credit towards both high school and college graduation requirements.  Eligible students must meet certain criteria, explained below.  The program is offered during the fall and winter semesters and fall, winter, and spring quarters.

Please click HERE for a presentation on MOWR.


To be eligible for the MOWR program, a student must:

  1. Be a high school junior or senior student seeking a high school diploma from a public or private secondary educational institution.
  2. Be enrolled in an eligible college or university or public technical college as a dual credit student taking approved college degree-level coursework..
  3. Meet U.S. citizenship requirements as explained in the MOWR program regulations.
  4. Be a legal resident of Georgia.
  5. Be registered with Selective Service, if required.
  6. Not be in default or owe a refund on any student financial aid program.
  7. Be in compliance with the Georgia Drug-Free Postsecondary Education Act of 1990.
Hours taken and paid for by the Mowr program beginning in Fall, 2011 will not be counted in the combined paid-hours limit for HOPE Scholarship, Zell Miller Scholarship, and HOPE Grant.  HOPE Scholarship, Zell Miller Scholarship, and HOPE Grant combined paid-hours are 127 semester/190 quarter hours.
Veterans High School Steps for MOWR:
  1. Take the SAT or the ACT and receive qualifying scores for the college in which you wish to enroll.  have these scores sent directly to that college.
  2. Apply for admission to the college in which you wish to enroll.  Pay the application fee.
  3. Have your high school transcript sent to the college in which you wish to enroll.
  4. After you are accepted, discuss with your high school counselor the class/classes in which you would like to enroll at the college.
  5. After you have spoken with your high school counselor, let the MOWR coordinator at the college in which you have been accepted and are going to be attending know about courses in which you would like to enroll.
  6. Complete the online MOWR application at .
  7. After you have registered for your classes and have your college schedule, talk to your high school counselor about your high school schedule.  for every college class a student takes, he/she will be released for two periods of the high school schedule.
  • Click Here for Dual Enrollment Pre-Registration information for spring semester at Central Georgia Technical College.
  • Please click HERE for general information concerning Move on When Ready on the Georgia Department of Education website.


 Return to Counselors Home Page